“Failure adding assembly to the cache: Attempt to install an assembly without a strong name”

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Hi,

at first I want to thank you for the great development. I currently testing your "SharePointOnlineCmdlets.dll" and I got a message when i try to add the Assembly to my GAC. The error looks like this one: “Failure adding assembly to the cache: Attempt to install an assembly without a strong name”.

After that I created a solution to solve this problem.
  1. Run the "Developer Command Prompt" on your system
  2. go to the local path where you have stored your "SharePointOnlineCmdlets.dll" for example c:\temp
  3. after that run the folllowing commands which creates a few files to create a "SharePointOnlineCmdlets.dll" which can be added successful to your GAC. Run every line single!
sn -k SharePointOnlineCmdlets.snk
ildasm SharePointOnlineCmdlets.dll /out:SharePointOnlineCmdlets.il
ilasm SharePointOnlineCmdlets.il /res:SharePointOnlineCmdlets.res /dll /key:SharePointOnlineCmdlets.snk /output=SharePointOnlineCmdlets.dll
gacutil -i SharePointOnlineCmdlets.dll
best regards
mc
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Hi mc,

Thanks for your interest. That is something I didn't think about seeing as my primary use is bundled with release packages for SharePoint Online solutions. But if you would like me to add the key into source I can definitely do that. If you have any other suggestions for features or enhancements feel free to raise an issue.

Thanks for your support :)